Monday, January 17, 2011

The Pay it Forward Project

So I don’t normally get into the spammy chain status deals on Facebook.  You know what I’m talking about, the ones that remind you that there’s x% of people in the world who haven’t been able to hug a unicorn and only 2% of people will have the courage to copy this status and post this on their status for 24 hours.  I’m far too interested in talking about myself to post something someone else made up.  But after the new year, I saw one that caught my eye.  It was the “Pay it Forward” project, where you posted the “rules” on your status, and then the first five people to respond would receive something hand made from you if the poster agrees to make something hand made for five people in the next year.

The little knitting angel that sits on my shoulder and encourages me to perform random acts of kindness perked up.  So I broke my personal rule of not repeating chain Facebook statuses and decided to do this.  And it gave me a reason to try out some super cute patterns I had recently downloaded from ravelry.  Here’s my favorite of all five projects (so far, I still have 2 to go):

1.        Norwegian Star Hat for Whitney: Whitney is this extremely gorgeous blonde who used to babysit Lulu.  She was the perfect match for this design…


                                                                                                                                                 
 Anyway, I had to share.  I'm working on another one, a much larger project for a friend who I've been meaning to knit for but get sidetracked from her project with cute hat patterns.  I'll post pics on this one later.


No comments:

Post a Comment