Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Current projects

January-March is peak knitting season for me.  The air is chilly, the fire is lit, and the needles they are a clicking.  Since I've learned the art of two-strand knitting, I seem to want to make every project with two different colors of yarn.  Here are some examples.

1.  The pirate fish hat for Lulu.  Lulu is a Pisces, and it's reflected in her love of sea life and swimming.  Her feet are also getting so big they are resembling fins!  In honor of her love of water life (and pirates) I made her this hat, based on a pattern I got from ravelry (do I get patterns anywhere else?).


2.  The next is the Pay it Forward project I've been working on for a friend forever--it's actually kind of embarrassing how long this is taking me, but I have no other excuse than I have to do the pattern 14 times over something like 30 rows per pattern sequence.  So if I can knit 30 rows in the span of a work week and one over a weekend I think I'm doing okay.  And I also have to add in time off to make pirate fish hats, work on socks, find more patterns, buy yarn, kick and punch things...


Close up shot of the yarn; they grey is that lovely mohair from colourmart, and the purple is Naturally Caron wool from Michaels.  I'm a conflicted yarn snob; I love nice yarn but I also love the feeling I get turning a $4 ball of yarn into something soft and cozy that someone else will love.


Okay, my last post of the day, and this is for my yarnie friends--I found these 9" CIRCULAR NEEDLES!!!! At Joann Fabrics!  Who knew they made circs this small?  I have now found a solution to my hatred of making socks with DPNs.


And with that I will close out the evening...Wednesday night is good TV night.  Adios..

No comments:

Post a Comment