Monday, January 17, 2011

Here I go again…

No, not in the Whitesnake, Tawny Kitaen rolling around on David Coverdale’s Jaguar, kind of going again, I am talking about having a blog.  I have had blogs in the past; the first being a rather crude, pre-Blogger Web site, and then a Web site that I abandoned because trolls were leaving comments like “your husband is ugly” and “yer fat.”  And at that point, I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with that so I took it down. 

So anyway, I’m back at it.  This time, I’m hoping to focus on two specific aspects of my life as a woman in her mid-30’s: 1) finding “me” again and 2) working on a hobby I absolutely adore—knitting.  And while you might think that the fact that I have time to do #2 must mean that I’ve accomplished #1, you’d be wrong.  I don’t really think I have to explain to the readers what I’m talking about, but let me try.  Your mid-20’s to mid-30s is such a fast-paced decade.  Think of the life change one usually experiences; any random person might get married/divorced/start a serious relationship, have a child, face the aging of your own parents, buy your first house, pay taxes, maybe get hired/fired from multiple jobs.  You might even change careers.  Or spouses.  And then somehow you wake up out of what seems like a haze and realize that.. .you’re an adult!  When did that happen?  And who is this person and what did she do with my metabolism?

As for the knitting part, I love to knit.  My fondest memories growing up are watching my mom knit, her needles clicking away as she discussed something of great importance with my dad, watched TV, or just tried to eke out two minutes to herself before something big.  Little did I know at that time that this was my mom’s way of coping with stress.  And now I see why.  It’s such a relaxing hobby, also allows you to do something for someone else.  Knit a blanket, give it away.  A random act of kindness, some good karma.  All while working with stabby needles.  What’s not to love?

And let me say that I know I’m probably not the only person with a blog out there writing about the same topic.  And that’s cool.  I think everyone’s personal experiences help us deal with our own.  So I hope that maybe someone will read this and identify with some of my own personal story.  Or, if that is too deep for you, maybe you will laugh along as I continually make an ass out of myself. 

So cheers and let’s get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment