Sunday, July 3, 2011

Travel Knitting and Motion Sickness

We went to Florida last week.  I packed a simple scarf I've been working on for my dear nephew Josh, who I promised to make a scarf for for next christmas.  It is a simple pattern, K4P4, then P4K4 the opposite row.  I have crocheted in the car on road trips before, so I figured that knitting would be just fine.  Uh, no.  Whatever part of the brain I use to crochet must not be the same part that controls knitting because I was sooo queasy when I tried to knit more than 2 rows at time.  But the good news is that a 20 hour car ride is plenty of time to get in some quality knitting even if you're not trying.

So the scarf is almost done, and then it's on to Breton Girl..for me!!  I'm making it in grey and black...depending on how it turns out I may have to give it to someone..because I can't help myself.  I'm also attempting to finish socks, which are the bane of my existence.  socks, which seem so small and easy to make, pretty much take up weeks and weeks of delicate knitting.  Ack.

In other news, I'm going to test for my purple belt this next weekend.  I haven't gotten formal approval, but I'm so confident in my abilities that I know I will walk in and they'll literally stop the test to give me my belt right there.  Okay, so maybe that won't happen, but I'm regaining my confidence in that department and it feels good.  I also think my daughters will test for their belt promotions, so it will be a karate fest at my house for all the ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment