Saturday, February 12, 2011

Still waiting.....

I missed karate on Tuesday night because I had to travel for work.  I'm going through withdrawls!  I keep doing roundhouse kicks and posing in front of the bathroom mirror like I'm freaking John Travolta on Saturday Night Fever.  I should find out this tuesday if I passed my test.  My class partner passed (yay!) and reassured me that I did, too.  We shall see!  I'm so hard on myself; I want to get a perfect "grade" on the belt test, even though I know that there's a few things I could have done better.  I guess this explains why I just found the most perfect sport for me--something that plays on my inner perfectionist, that one that makes lists and is super organized (the one that virtually disappeared after I got married and had kids).

On the knitting front, I continue to be a knitting demon.  I have made 3 hats this week.  I met my friend in Minneapolis while I was there, and in honor of meeting her I made her a "raspberry beret".  I mean, because, well, you know. Prince.  I also got a request to make a cloche-type hat with a flower for my other friend, which I whipped up last night.  And I just started on the Olympic hat...whee!


I hope to have this done no later than tomorrow night.  I have to go to DC for work Wed-Sunday, so I want to bring a sock project with me.  Socks are so easy and fun...and portable.  I'm hoping to make a few pairs in my quiet evenings post-work.  Yes, I'm a wild woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment