Wednesday, August 26, 2015

So that didn't happen

Y'all, I think I might have over promised and under delivered.  I had every intention of doing a travelogue about our trip to Ireland, but as you can see, I didn't get past Days 1 and 2.  It's not for lack of trying--I have sat down at my computer multiple times since I got back last Monday, but then there's this funny thing called "work" which enables me to take these trips.  Then there's "back to school" and those pesky kids who need things like "clothes" and "school supplies" and "attention."  Geesh, don't they know that I'm creating here??

And then there are my other creative ventures...like sewing and knitting.  I was inspired in Ireland to knit and sew and create.  Maybe it was the Cliffs of Moher and the natural beauty, maybe it was all the gorgeous aran-knit sweaters for sale in the shops on the west coast (right by the Aran Islands, no doubt), but sitting down and writing about it seems far less enticing to me than actually living the experience and inspiration I felt! 

So I made pajamas last weekend...lovely cherry print pajamas that I just absolutely love, and if my computer would behave I could post a picture...but alas, I think my computer is also on strike and refusing to cooperate.  So just imagine if you will a cute retro cherry print, made into short sleeved shirt and pajama shorts.  Got it?  Great. 

Then there's the knitting...I finally finished a gorgeous blanket that is a wedding gift for someone who got married a year ago...yes, a year ago.  Hey, it's been a year of transition for our whole family.  I'm sure she will appreciate it now as a 1 year anniversary gift.  No one ever remembers you on your wedding anniversary so this will be a treat, right?

Long story short, I've been busy.  I wish I could get enough time to sit down and write about my experiences in Ireland, but as it turns out, "you had to be there." 


No comments:

Post a Comment