Friday, April 1, 2011

Tonsil Recovery Knitting

I had my tonsils out yesterday--boo hoo!  About a week or two leading up to this, I went on a stash-busting binge, to free myself of some Lion Brand Homespun I had bought to make two blankets for two friends..And of course I didn't take pictures of either blankets.  I'm hoping that my friends will when they get them.  It's what I call my "loopy blanket"--this is what it looks like:


These are so easy, fast and fun to make!  I made one for my dear friend Stacey and another for my dear friend Patty.

I have the next two weeks off to recover--and I will need them.  Right now I'm blogging but I won't remember doing it tonight because I'm on so much Lortab....but that's fine.  What I'm really sad about is two weeks of no karate--I got everything signed off for the yellow belt test, which takes place on Sunday.  I was extremely bummed, but at the end of the day, everything happens for a reason.  I have one more month to perfect everything, to remember everything, and I will also help Lulu on her purple belt test.

So while I'm recovering I'm working on the Jacket, Deconstructed by Lion Brand.  It will be for me--I have to go to Seattle at the end of the month, and am very eager to wear this with some Calvin Klein suit separates.    I'm also planning on making a doll or two, as they are very easy..

That's all for now...back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment